Your Membership gives you access to the most valuable information and tools that onX offers, so it is crucial that you retain that access when you need it most. We have your back if you are not seeing the benefits of your paid Membership.
The most common problems are:
- Signed into a second account: The email address and password you use to create an onX account let us recognize you each time you sign in. If you aren’t able to access the information and tools included with your Membership, you are likely signed into a second account. Logging out and logging in again with the email address on your first account solves this.
- Purchased a different onX membership: onX has three different products - onX Backcountry, onX Offroad, and onX Hunt - and you may have purchased a Membership for the wrong product by mistake. If you sign into the wrong service when you purchase your membership or return to the app/website, you may not see the tools you expect.
- App is out of date: Our apps are continuously updated and some paid features may not work as expected if the app has not been updated in some time.
We recommend following the steps below to get your Membership up and running:
STEP 1: Update your onX Backcountry App to the latest version.
The onX Backcountry App is updated regularly to add new features, fix bugs, and keep everything in line with your mobile device's operating software. Many paid features will not work with outdated versions of the app. Click here for instructions on how to update the onX Backcountry App to the latest version.
STEP 2: Check your Membership level.
In the onX Backcountry App, tap the Main Menu button in the upper left corner.
Your Membership level is displayed below your profile picture and email.
"Premium User" means your Membership is active on this onX account. If you see "Basic User" or "Trial User," your Membership is not active on this onX account. Your Membership may have expired, or you may be logged into a different account than the account you were using when you subscribed. Continued reading for guidance on finding your account.
STEP 3: Track down the email address associated with your paid account.
Our customer support team can often find your account and Membership. You can also recover your account independently if you know where to look.
After starting your Membership, you were sent a welcome email. Search your inbox for emails containing "Welcome to onX". Next, check the email inbox, spam folder, and junk folder of any email address you have access to. This may include:
- Email addresses you use for work.
- Family and/or friend's email addresses.
- Email addresses you use on another mobile device or computer.
If you find the welcome email in another email inbox, write down the exact email address that this email was sent to. Then, log out of the onX Backcountry App and log back in using that email address. Click here to learn how to log out of the onX Backcountry App.
If you don't find the welcome email, you can also use the "Password Reset" feature to see if you an onX account associated with an email address. Enter an email address in the "Forgot Password" box and tap "OK." You will see a message that the password reset email was sent.
Check the email inbox, junk folder, or spam folder of the email address you entered in the "Forgot Password" box and follow any instructions you receive by email to access your onX account. If you do not see a password reset email from onX, there is likely no account associated with that email address. You may try again with any other email address you have access to.
Note that you may receive receipts for your Membership purchase at the email address you use for The iTunes & App Store (Apple) or Google Play Store (Google). This email address may differ from the one used to access your onX account.
STEP 4: Contact our friendly customer support team.
We are here for you if you need some help. Our support team responds to all customer contacts within 24 business hours and often much sooner.
Click here to learn how to contact support.